In an effort to better prepare himself for the grueling emotional and physical strain of the Presidency, Barack Obama has pledged to go kosher, citing the food's proven health advantages over that of the typical American diet. Though most White House staff (and even Michelle Obama) have balked at such a drastic culinary shift, they should have seen it coming. Here's why:
- It was meant to be. How many people do you know whose name contains the letters to make the word kosher? BarackHussein Obama's name does.
- Though McCain visited the Kotel (or Western Wall), Jerusalem's holiest site, while touring the Middle East, only Obama was seen roaming the shuks of the city afterwards, Blackberry in one hand and bowl of cholent in the other.
- Yes, that's computer generated. It was leaked that this addition to the White House may be in the works. The other option was a bagel.
- No one will raise a brow when they see him pimping his favorite yarmulke.
- He's making all the Israeli papers.
- Obama genuinely loves the food! Overheard during this photo asking, "What was that your wife put on those fishballs?" "Wouldn't you like to know," the elderly man replied.
- He looks great with an Israeli flag.