In homage to the University of Chicago's Latke-Hamentashen Debate, held annually since 1946, here are our 8 reasons why latkes rule!
1. Latkes count as a vegetable course.
2. Latkes are round; no points to injure yourself.
3. Latkes can be savory (sour cream) or sweet (apple sauce).
4. Have you tried eating hamentashen with brisket?
5. Latkes don't come filled with prunes or poppy seeds.
6. Latkes aren't named after a villain.
7. Latkes are kosher for Passover and year 'round.
8. Three words ... deep fried, baby!
Check back at Purim, when Hamentashen get their revenge.