10 ways Thanksgiving dinner might be a little different in a kosher home:
- No planning 3 months or even 1 month ahead of time. Compared to 8 days of Passover, Turkey Day's a snap!
- People "wash" for the meal.
- Have to figure out creamy mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and pie and ice cream without any dairy.
- Guests are confused when dinner starts before sundown.
- "What, no challah!?!"
- Your company may stay through Shabbat.
- Grace is sung in Hebrew after the meal.
- Host and hostess go to bed dreaming of ways to turn leftovers into Shabbat dinner.
- Don't need an excuse to skip Black Friday shopping—gotta' get ready for Shabbat.
- "Those are pilgrims, honey, not rabbis."
We want to know how your Thanksgiving is different. Leave us your comments below.