- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 4 :medium bananas, peeled, mashed
- 1/3 :cup light olive oil or corn oil
- 1 :cup organic light brown sugar
- 2 :teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 :cups gluten-free flour (found at all health food stores)
- 1 :teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 :teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 :teaspoon salt
- 2 :tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/2 :teaspoon xanthium gum
- 1 :rounded teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 :cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a standard bread loaf pan and dust with rice or corn flour.
- In a large bowl combine the bananas, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir until smooth.
- If the batter looks too thin and wet, add more gluten-free flour, a tablespoon at a time, to thicken the batter.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the center of a preheated oven for an hour, until the loaf is firm, a bit crusty, and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.
- Cool the loaf on a wire rack.
- Makes about 8 or so slices.