“INCREDIBLE” doesn’t even come close to describing this Passover dessert! And it freezes well, too! Passover chocolate brownies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ServingsServings
- 4 oz. (115 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (200 grams or 2 American sticks) margarine or 1 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup matzah cake meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a 9x13-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying it well with cooking oil spray.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate and margarine in a double boiler and stir well. Stir in the sugar. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cake meal and salt, and remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and walnuts.
4. Pour this batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the brownies with the additional cup of marshmallows.
5. Slide the tray back into the oven and bake 3–4 minutes more, until the marshmallows are puffed. Remove the pan from the oven and melt the second set of chocolate chips.
6. Drizzle the melted chips all over the brownies and then sprinkle them, while the chocolate is still wet, with the last bit of ground nuts.
Cut into squares and serve.
Excerpted from Let My Children Cook!