- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 beef bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 jar (16 ounces) prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, optional
1 Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Press cumin evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast. Place roast in stockpot; brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
2 Season roast with salt and pepper; add salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/4 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
3 Remove roast; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in beans and corn, if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened.
4 Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with bean mixture.