- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2/3 cup Boiling Water
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Small green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 Cup dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons grated lime peel/zest
- 1 (2 pounds) BONELESS SKINLESS TURKEY BREAST HALF
1 Place tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons liquid and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, combine seasonings in a small bowl.
3 In a large skillet, sauté tomatoes, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in corn and 2 teaspoons seasonings; remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs and reserved tomato liquid. Add lime peel to remaining seasonings and set side.
4 Cover turkey with plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten the breast to 1/2-inch thickness; remove plastic. Sprinkle turkey with half the lime-seasoning mixture. Spread vegetable mixture to within 1-inch. of edges.
5 Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Tie with kitchen string. Sprinkle with remaining lime-seasoning mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover loosely with foil.
6 Roast at a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour. Uncover and roast 15-30 minutes longer or until the internal temperature registers 165 to 170 degrees F, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
7 Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Source: National Turkey Federation