SPINACH SALAD with Honey Whole-Wheat Challah Croutons and Sweet Pom Dressing. It’s incredible how simanim-inspired cooking can also be healthful. This salad is loaded with green leafy spinach, carrots and cabbage and topped with whole wheat croutons. Just trying to keep your “new year’s resolutions” on track from day one.
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, whole or thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrot ribbons
- 1 cup cucumber ribbons
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- Honey Whole Wheat Croutons
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, croutons and pomegranate seeds.
2. In a small bowl, whisk shallots with pomegranate juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in oil in a steady stream. Drizzle dressing over spinach salad to taste, and gently toss to coat.
Click here for crouton recipe.