Spinach and roast beef with a Dijon dressing make a perfect quick lunch salad.
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, :stems trimmed
- 1 pound deli roast beef cut into strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can of hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl whisk together the vinegar, mustard, sugar. Gradually add the oil while whisking. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (This dressing can be made 2 to 3 days in advance of it's use).
- In a salad bowl combine the spinach, hearts of palm, beef and lemon peel in a bowl.
- Add the dressing (to taste) and toss.