No matter how much I make, it’s never enough!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10 people PeopleServings
- 2 1/2 - 3 pound scotch Fillet flap layer of meat running around the eye of the scotch fillet.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (I prefer low sodium)
- 1 tsp peanut butter (or 2 Tbl toasted sesame oil)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbl)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbl finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp crushed fresh garlic
- 1 small fresh hot red eye chilli (or 1 TBL hot spicy sauce)
- 2 heaped Tbl dark brown sugar
- 4 oz fresh Coriander/Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 16 oz bag baby spinach or assorted lettuce leaves
- 3 Tbl sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pine nuts
- 2 Avocado pears sliced
Combine the marinaede ingredients in a jug, blend with an immersion blender and pour over the meat and allow to marinate overnight. You can also place the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times.
When ready to cook remove the steak from the marinade and either fry or Bbq whole over high heat. Don’t throw the marinade away as you need to heat it up later. From a health point of view, it's very important to bring the remaining marinade to the boil as you cannot pour marinade that has been sitting with raw meat onto cooked meat.
The meat only needs about 6 – 8 minutes cooking time per side (depending on thickness) as you want the meat to be pink inside.
Once cooked to your specifications (you can test one by cutting a 2cm slit with a sharp knife through the middle) remove from heat and place into a dish.
Allow to sit (covered) for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you will see that the meat has given off it's own juices, this is like gold! Add this juice to the marinade and bring it to the boil. For health reasons you must bring it all to the boil and whisk well while doing so. Once boiling, reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for about 3 – 4 minutes, then set aside to cool.
Grind some black pepper over the top of the meat. Cut the meat (against the run of the grain) into 1/4 " slices. Place into a glass bowl and pour the cooled sauce over the meat. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for about 25 – 30 minutes to absorb all the lovely flavours.
Serve at room temperature on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves and finally sprinkle with sesame seeds, pine nut kernels and fresh avocado pear.