- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 :red bell pepper, seeded, veins removed, thinly sliced
- 1 :medium green zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 :large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 (1-inch thick):veal chops
- 1/2 cup:Szechuan-style duck sauce (Hot & Spicy)
- 1/4 cup:low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons:Dijon-style mustard
- Preheat broiler. Lightly grease a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pepper, zucchini and onion in prepared pan.
- Rinse veal, pat dry, and place on top of vegetables.
- In a bowl, mix duck sauce, soy sauce and mustard. Brush chops with sauce mixture.
- Cook under preheated broiler for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Flip chops and brush sauce on other side.
- Broil for 8 to 10 minutes longer for well done. Let rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
My neighbors Devorah and Motty were not only champion taste testers for this book, but also donated a few of the recipes. One day, when we were walking our daughters in their carriages, Devorah said to me, "You'll never believe the most delicious and easy dinner I made for Motty last night!" I remember exactly what corner we stopped at, as she described this mouth-watering recipe. It's great when people want to share their kitchen secrets with you! I've heard there's a type of cook who won't give out recipes. Thankfully, I haven't run into one yet.