- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 1 :recipe of your favorite corn bread
- 4 :eggs, beaten
- 1 :tsp. chili powder
- 1 :tsp. ground cumin seed
- 2 :tablespoon butter
- 1/4 :cup diced onion
- 1/2 :cup salsa
- 1/2 :cup Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 :cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare the corn bread batter.
- Spread the batter on the in the bottom of a greased 11x7 1/2" baking dish.
- In a medium pan, scramble the eggs in the butter adding the chili and cumin.
- Don't cook to much, just to set.
- Let the eggs cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the scrambled eggs evenly over the raw cornbread mix, breaking up any large clumps.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion over the eggs evenly.
- Drizzle the salsa over the eggs and use the back side of a spoon to spread it out.
- Top the salsa with the cheeses and bake at 400 for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a clean knife can be pulled out of the center.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with sour cream.