Peanut butter is intensely flavored, a little goes a long way and combines beautifully with the other stars: lemongrass, coconut milk, cilantro. Wonderful as a dipping sauce or the sauce for cold sesame noodles.
- 1 cup strong Lapsang Souchong tea (1 teabag steeped in 1/2 cup boiling water)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2-inch piece ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, 2-3 outer leaves removed, or 2 tablespoons powder
- 2-3 tablespoon bottled hot sauce
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 6 sprig cilantro, stems discarded
Cream the first set of ingredients in the food processor. Pulse in the scallions and cilantro. Transfer to a glass jar and store in refrigerator.