- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 can (12 oz) or 2 cans (6 oz) or 1 pouch (7 oz.) Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinaigrette vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 1- inch thick slices crusty bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. drained capers (optional)
- 4 oz. mixed baby field greens
1 Steam asparagus for 3 minutes; marinate in 1/4 c. vinaigrette.
2 Fry onions in vegetable oil in small saucepan until golden brown.
3 Brush bread generously with olive oil. Broil or grill until lightly toasted.
4 Combine remaining vinaigrette with albacore, tomatoes, capers.
5 Salt and pepper to taste.
6 On each plate, place toasted bread slice, mound with albacore mixture, salad greens and asparagus.
7 Top with fried onions and remaining vinaigrette.
Source: Bumble Bee Foods, LLC