If you haven’t jumped on the halvah train with us, you are missing out on this naturally gluten free dessert, filled with the health benefits of pure sesame seeds. The only downside is all that sugar. With this recipe you can get all the flavor and even a similar texture as real halvah, with all natural date honey and any additional ingredients you desire.
The optional flavorings included here will not any calories, but you can also add nuts and dried fruit or chocolate chips especially if it will make them more exciting to your children.
These are a fantastic snack anytime of day or breakfast replacement with a fruit when you are on the go.
- Prep Time
- 24 bitesServings
- 2 ½ cup raw quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raw 100% tahini
- ½ cup date honey (silan)
- Optional: cocoa powder, cinnamon, rose water, orange blossom water, pumpkin spice blend,
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix tahini and date honey until well blended. Add oats and mix with with a rubber spatula. Add any optional ingredients if desired.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth into an even, tightly packed layer.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes until firm and completely chilled. Slice into 24 bars and store in freezer.
- Serving Size: 24 bites
- Calories: 108