Eggnog with a touch of bourbon for a delicious special occasion drink. Make ahead, chill and serve.
- Prep Time
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color.
2. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Add milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
4. Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.