These apple strudel hamantashen are filled with chopped apples and lots of cinnamon and are the perfect addition to the Sound of Music mishloach manot.
You can follow any strudel recipe and try shaping it like a hamantashen, but I used my favorite hamantashen dough recipe and this filling.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- About 1 cup fillingServings
- Cookie dough good for hamantashen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 apples, any variety
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Peel and core apples; cut into quarters, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Toss with lemon juice; stir into sugar mixture with walnuts.
- Roll out cookie dough, cut out circles, fill with apple filling and shape into hamantashen.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.