Healthful, low in fat, and high in fiber, this recipe has lots of flavor, texture, and color. It makes a wonderful addition to a party buffet or a tasty lunch for school or work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 medium sweet-tart apples, cored and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded salad greens
- 1 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. Combine apple juice concentrate, corn syrup, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar; shake well and refrigerate.
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain, and cool by rinsing pasta under cold water. Shake gently to drain throughly.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine tortellini, apples, salad greens, strawberries, celery, and scallions.
4. Toss salad gently with chilled dressing. Sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired, and serve.
Source: U.S. Apple Association