Upgrade your usual side dish of mashed potatoes by making artichoke mashed potatoes. The artichoke will add taste but not calories.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 - 6Servings
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 can artichoke hearts (non-marinated), drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk or non dairy substitute
- Onion or garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
2. Mash slightly into big pieces, set aside.
3. In the bowl of a food processor or blender, puree the drained artichoke hearts with half the butter and milk.
4. Place the mixture in a bowl and add the still warm potatoes and remaining butter and milk and mix/mash until you get the desired consistency or until smooth.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: This recipe can be made dairy or pareve.