- 12 ServingsServings
- 1 cup whole wheat berries
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 green onions, sliced - tops and all
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 20 stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 - 6 ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve marinade)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 teaspoon Curry powder
1 Heat chicken broth and add whole wheat berries. Simmer ½ hour; refrigerate mixture overnight.
2 In the morning, simmer wheat until soft, approximately ½ to 1 hour; drain excess liquid.
3 Add green onions, pepper, olives and drained artichokes to wheat berries. Blend mayonnaise and curry powder into ¼ cup reserved artichoke marinade until smooth.
4 Add to wheat mixture and mix thoroughly. Chill several hours before serving or overnight.
5 By soaking the wheat overnight, cooking time is cut in half.
Source: Wheat Foods Council