- Cook Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (optional)
1 Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine seasoning from ramen noodles with cornstarch mixture in large bowl. Add beef; toss.
2 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 1 minute.
3 Add noodles and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
4 Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Stir-fry 1/2 of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.)
5 Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with orange rind.