An Amazing Quinoa Breakfast Recipe!
Its the perfect dish for a brunch or just a lazy weekend morning.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup natural sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cup low fat milk
- 1 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, cut into pieces
- 1½ cup mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray olive oil in your pan to prevent sticking.
- Mix together oats, quinoa, half of walnuts, sugar (if using otherwise add maple syrup with wet ingredients), baking powder, cinnamon and salt. (Note: this can be done ahead of time.)
- In a separate bowl lightly beat egg and add in milk, vanilla, maple syrup (if using) and half of the slightly cooled butter.
- Place banana slices on the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 2/3 of the berries and cover with oat mixture. Pour wet ingredients over and make sure the dry ingredients are covered. Top with remaining berries and walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Drizzle with remaining melted butter and additional maple syrup or sugar if desired.