A delicious recipe that any fry lover will adore!
- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Ketchup or honey mustard:(optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 9 x 13-inch baking pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cut potatoes in prepared pans.
- In a small bowl, mix cumin, garlic powder, salt and peppers, and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes. Toss to distribute olive oil and seasonings evenly.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour or until crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve with ketchup or honey mustard on the side, if desired.
For a lighter yet still delicious version of this recipe you can omit all the canola oil and instead use baking spray. Once laid out on the baking sheets, lightly spray the fries and then season and bake according to instructions.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER
Thanks to my good friend Monet, not just for introducing me to these spices in general, but also for this delicious recipe that any fry lover (I tested it out on the Fry King-my hubby!) will adore.