It’s the peanuts, bananas and homemade caramel sauce that make this sweetie a winner. Purists can turn this faux sundae into the real thing by using vanilla ice cream in place of the pudding. Or, make it pareve by using soy milk and soy pudding.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 (½-cup) ServingsServings
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 4 cup prepared vanilla pudding
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil without stirring and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until the mixture is a dark amber color. Remove from heat and carefully add milk. The mixture will bubble and splatter. Swirl pan and once the bubbling has stopped, whisk into a smooth caramel sauce.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- To serve, place ½ cup pudding in each bowl and top with sliced bananas. Sprinkle with peanutsand drizzle with caramel sauce.