This recipe whips up in minutes in the food processor. It can be made without one, but I like the small pieces of coconut and raspberries the food processor yields. The coconut gives these cookies a nice texture, but the sweet chocolate and tangy raspberries are really the flavors that come through in the cookies. These cookies would even be delicious drizzled or dipped in melted chocolate. What would Passover be without a coconut macaroon?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 large or 36 small cookiesServings
- 2½ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the coconut, sugar, egg whites and salt. Pulse until combined, about 1 minute. Add in the frozen raspberries and pulse until the raspberries are mostly broken down. Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips. Using a large cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the coconut batter into large mounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops begin to lightly brown. The cookies will be very soft at this point so allow them to cool for about 10 minutes on the pan so they have a chance to firm up.
3. Stores well in an airtight container for about a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.