This fancy French dish is actually much easier to make than you think! With pre-made pastry or crescent dough, a wheel of Les Petite Fermieres camembert cheese and just a few ingredients mixed together in a bowl, you can create this beautiful show-stopping appetizer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8-10 ServingsServings
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (7 ounce) Les Petite Fermieres camembert wheel
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon dried cherries
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Open the can of refrigerated crescent rolls following the package directions and spread out the dough on a piece of parchment paper.
3. Slice off the top of the camembert wheel and place the wheel, sliced side up, on the dough. Make a few slices in the top of the cheese.
4. Combine the pine nuts, dried cherries, honey, cubed butter and bourbon and place the mixture on top of the camembert wheel.
5. Brush some of the whisked egg around the edges of the dough and fold the dough over the top of the pine nut mixture to close it completely.
6. Brush the outside of the dough with the whisked egg. If you have any extra dough, you can cut out shapes and attach them to the dough with more egg.
7. Sprinkle the dough with the coarse sugar.
8. Transfer the wrapped camembert wheel on the parchment paper to a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Slice and eat while still hot.