The combination of pasta and salmon seasoned with onions and lemon makes a tasty dish that would be a nice main course for a luncheon or a family dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (1-pound) box bow tie pasta
- 2 (7 ½-ounce) cans salmon
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup regular or lite mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
2. While pasta is cooking, drain salmon. Place salmon into a mixing bowl, remove bones and break into chunks. Add onions and pasta to salmon.
3. Combine well by gently tossing. In a small bowl, prepare the creamy lemon sauce by whisking together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, garlic powder, and pepper.
4. Pour the sauce over the salmon and pasta and toss gently. Add peas. Toss gently once more and serve with Melon Salad.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cubed cantaloupe, 2 cups cubed honeydew melon, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint. Cover and chill until serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)