Sweet apple and carrots add a sunny glow to your plate, and a nutritional boost to your meal, your new favorite Hanukkah favorite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 carrots (about 2 cups), peeled and shredded
- 2 Granny Smith apples (about 1 cup), unpeeled and shredded
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup matzo meal
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ground dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine carrots, apples, lemon juice, matzo meal, egg, ginger, and salt. Stir well to combine.
2. In a large skillet, heat canola or grape seed oil over medium-high heat. Scoop ¼-cup of batter and carefully place in oil. Flatten to about ½-inch thick with a spatula. Repeat to form 4 more latkes in the pan, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook 4 to 6 minutes on one side. Flip and cook 4 to 6 minutes more or until golden brown on both sides.
3. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet; repeat with remaining batter.