This gluten-free, carb-free pizza crust is great for Pesach and year round. It's a healthier alternative to a wheat crust. In order to achieve a crispy crust, you must wring out as much water as possible from the cooked cauliflower. Be creative with your toppings! For tastiest results bake dough right before serving. Enjoy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 1 medium cauliflower
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- dash red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella, plus more for topping.
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream cheese, such as Temp Tee
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Optional toppings: mushrooms, jalapeno, kale, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, olives...
1. Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in the oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Cut all florets from the cauliflower and pulse them in a food processor 1 minute, until they look like snow.
3. Transfer the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave for four minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour cauliflower on top of a cheesecloth or dishtowel. Wring out as much liquid as you can. This step is the key to getting the best crust.
5. In a bowl combine salt, basil, oregano, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, Parmesan and mozzarella. Pour cauliflower into the mixture and mix. Add egg and mix until all ingredients are combined.
6. Place a large piece of parchment paper on a flat cookie sheet or cutting board and spray with olive oil or cooking spray. Place dough in the center of the parchment paper and, using your fingers, press down to form a round pizza crust.
7. Slide the parchment off the cookie sheet or cutting board onto the pizza stone. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. While crust is in the oven, prepare the sauce and any desired toppings.
9. Mix together cream cheese and marinara sauce. Cover pizza with marinara and sprinkle cheese on top. Add any desired toppings. Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
12. Remove pizza from oven, allow to cool, and serve.