The best way to use up leftover challah is French toast. This quick and easy version is best packaged for your kids lunch with apple slices, dried fruit, and juice box or milk.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (no! the French toast won’t taste like evoo!)
- 2 slices challah
Royale (custard mix for French toast):
1. Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt together in a shallow dish.
1. Heat a medium sauté pan with butter and evoo over medium heat.
2. Dip challah in Royale and place in the pan. Brown on both sides.
3. Cut French toast into strips or favorite shape and pack into bento box.