These doughnuts are the perfect crowd-pleasing treat for your Chanukah parties.
Tips: These doughnuts are dairy; to keep them kosher, use only dairy utensils to prepare them. When sprinkling doughnuts with confectioners’ sugar, use a hand sifter for consistent coverage.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups canola oil for frying
- Confectioner's sugar
1. Prepare a few plates lined with paper towels to drain excess oil from doughnuts.
2. Place eggs, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; whisk together.
3. Add yogurt, baking powder, and flour to mixture; continue to mix until a thick batter forms.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high until thermometer reaches 370°F.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil. Use a second spoon to help you push the mixture off the tablespoon.
6. Fry doughnuts until they are crispy and golden on one side, about 40 seconds; turn them over onto the second side and fry an additional 40 seconds, or until they become golden (don’t let them get too dark).
7. Using a slotted spoon, remove doughnuts from pot, and place on paper towel-lined plates.
8. Allow doughnuts to cool 4 to 5 minutes, and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon - Winter 2011) - Subscribe Now.