This Cheese Filled Cauliflower Coated in Crispy Bread Crumbs is a whole head of cauliflower stuffed with 3 types of cheeses and then coated with breadcrumbs, then baked...yum!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 very large head of cauliflower
- 16 cups water
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 ounces Tnuva Wedge Cheese - melted
- 3 ounces Tnuva Cow’s Feta Cheese
- 3 ounces Tnuva Swiss Cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and soak cauliflower in a bowl of water.
2. Boil water with 4 teaspoons of salt in a large pot.
3. Once the water is boiled, place the cauliflower upside down (floret side down) in pot. Cook for about 8 minutes or until cauliflower softens slightly, then remove from pot, drain and let cool.
4. Cut the cheeses into small pieces. Stuff the cheeses between the florets of the cauliflower on all sides until the cauliflower is filled with cheese. Make sure to be gentle while stuffing so that the florets don’t break or crumble.
5. When stuffed with cheese, lay the cauliflower on a pan lined with baking paper.
6. Mix the egg with the mayonnaise, black pepper and salt.
7. Use a brush to coat the cauliflower with egg mixture on all sides. Make sure to coat the bottom of the cauliflower as well.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the cauliflower until fully coated.
9. Place in oven for 25 minutes until golden and crispy .