This impressive Cheese & Fruit Mille-Feuille is a yummy dessert of sweet cream layered between crispy dough. Try something different.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 21 ounces puff pastry, such as Ma’adanot puff pastry, defrosted
- ¼ cup sugar
- A selection of fruit, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- (2 rectangular cake pans)
- 8.5 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding powder
- 0.25 ounces gelatin powder
- 1 (8.8 ounces) container 5% Fat Tnuva Quark Creamy Soft Cheese
- 2 (15.8 ounces) containers Tnuva Original Premium Cheese Spread
1. Preheat oven to 360°F.
2. Lay out pastry dough and cut out 6 rectangles the size of the pans.
3. Place pastry rectangles on baking paper and poke holes in it with fork.
4. Sprinkle sugar on pastry and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
5. Whip heavy whipping cream with sugar. Add instant pudding and keep whipping until firm.
6. Mix cheese in another bowl and add to whip cream mixture gradually while whipping.
7. Pour milk into heat resistant bowl, sprinkle gelatin on the milk and wait for it to dissolve.
8. Microwave milk and gelatin for about 40 seconds until gelatin is completely dissolved.
9. Add spoonful of cheese mixture to the milk and gelatin and mix well in order to balance temperatures.
10. Add milk and gelatin to cheese mixture and stir quickly until mixture is smooth.
11. Place one sheet of dough in pan and spread layer of cheese mixture on top. Lay another sheet on top and cover with another layer of cheese mixture. Top with another sheet of dough.
12. Place in refrigerator overnight.
13. Remove cake from pan and place on serving plate, decorate with fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.