Wonderful spices and sweet mango make an excellent pairing with chicken or fish.
- Cook Time
- 18 ServingsServings
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 medium pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large cinnamon stick, cracked in half
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced red jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a medium saucepan, combine the mango, pineapple, raisins, water, sugar, cumin and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes more until thickened, adding a little water if necessary. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.