Here is my very own kosher version of the NYC Shake Shack's Chicago Hot Dog.
Top your dogs with chopped tomatoes, red onions, cukes, dill pickles, sweet relish, yellow mustard, celery salt and poppy seeds, yes I said poppy seeds. (I know poppy seeds aren't the best "date" or "company" kind of food by hey, we are all family here - just make sure you tell me if I have some stuck between my teeth!)
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 on-the-vine tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 kosher dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon celery salt
- Sweet relish
- Yellow mustard
1. Cook hot dogs according to package instructions.
2. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, pickles, poppy seeds, and celery salt.
3. Place the buns on a serving platter. Place a hot dog on each bun with 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture, and relish and mustard to taste.
4. Serve with Shoestring French Fries.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)