Take it all outside with this simple BBQ dinner that everyone will love and happens to be healthy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 chicken drumsticks (skin removed)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 limes (zested and juiced)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ears corn (in husk)
- Score chicken drumsticks by slicing into each leg once with a knife, this helps the marinade soak in. Place chicken in a bag with salt, pepper, evoo, cumin, garlic, zest and juice from 1 lime, and cilantro. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn. Carefully peel back husk from ears, without detaching from the bottom. Remove silk from corn, fold the husk back around ears, and soak in water for 30 to 45 minutes. Make sure to weigh down ears so they are fully submerged.
- Preheat grill to about 400℉ or oven to low broil and prepare corn on the cob.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, remaining zest and juice from 1 lime, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the drumsticks on the grill and cook with lid closed for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. Use a thermometer until internal temp is 185℉.
- Remove corn from water. Open husks, dry ears with paper towel, and spread coconut butter mixture evenly on corn.
- Fold husks back over corn and grill, turning often, for 35 minutes (change heat to medium-high for the last ten minutes of grilling.