- Prep Time
- 4 servings ServingsServings
- 1/8 - cup :fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon :honey
- 2 teaspoons :sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon :garlic, minced
- 1/8- cup :olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon :salt
- 1/8 teaspoon :pepper
- 1 cup :cucumbers, sliced, peeled and remove seeds
- 1 Mango, :pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups :cabbage, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 head :romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, honey, vinegar and garlic. Whisk about 3 times.
- Then slowly drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until blended.
- dd the salt and pepper To taste.
- You can make the dressing ahead of time.
- In a salad bowl, you want to add cucumbers, mangoes, cabbage, lettuce, and dressing.
- Toss salad ingredients together and serve.
- For a picnic, put the cucumbers, mango, cabbage, and lettuce in a large storage bag and seal.
- At the picnic add the dressing to the cucumber mixture and toss.
- Take from bag and put in paper salad bowls and enjoy.