An interesting, quick-to-prepare banana and chocolate dessert that will wow your guests.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium bananas
- 8 wonton or egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 32 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 teaspoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Confectioners' sugar and cocoa, for dusting
1. Cut each banana in half lengthwise and halve each piece crosswise. Work with 1 wrapper at a time; cover the rest with a damp paper towel.
2. Lay 1 wrapper on a work surface and lightly brush the edge with beaten egg white.
3. Place a banana quarter 2-inches from the bottom of the wrapper and top it with 4 to 6 chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon coconut.
4. Fold bottom edge over filling and roll up 1 complete turn. Fold in sides and continue rolling to form a tight cylinder. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5. In a medium saucepan, heat 2-inches vegetable oil to 350°. Add 2 spring rolls at a time and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
6. Drain on paper towels. Dust spring rolls with sugar and cocoa and serve.