Everyone wants a chocolate chip cookie sometimes. But who wants to make a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies just to have one?
With this recipe you won’t have to—you can make a single serving with ease! The best part is that it takes five minutes to make, start to finish.
This recipe is reprinted with permission from One Pot One Pan by Devorah Kahan and Rachel Moskowitz, order your copy from Amazon now.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place butter or margarine in a mug and melt in the microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add sugars, vanilla and salt to the mug. Stir to combine. Add egg yolk and stir.
3. Add flour, then stir again. Add chocolate chips and mix once more. The mixture should look like cookie dough.
4. Microwave on high 40-60 seconds. Serve warm.
Tip: Don’t be afraid to play around a little. You can add in some cocoa powder to make a double chocolate chip cookie, or other toppings, such as sprinkles, white chocolate chips, or nuts.