This recipe combines two American favorites- pancake mix and cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, fried to perfection for a heavenly treat.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 45 cookiesServings
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 (18 oz.) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 360° F.
2. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pancake mix until no dry lumps remain
3. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil. Fry only 4 or 5 at a time to avoid overcrowding the deep fryer. Cook until the cookies are golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel- lined plate before serving.
4. Serve with vanilla ice cream.