Spiced with cinnamon, curry powder and cumin these exotic sweet potato pancakes are also great for Thanksgiving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup milk or water
1. Shred the sweet potatoes, and place in a colander to drain for about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, white sugar, brown sugar, curry powder and cumin.
3. Make a well in the center, and pour in eggs and milk. Stir until all of the dry ingredients have been absorbed.
4. Stir in sweet potatoes.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop the potato mixture by spoonfuls into the oil, and flatten with the back of the spoon.
6. Fry until golden on both sides, flipping only once. If they are browning too fast, reduce the heat to medium.
7. Remove from the oil, and keep warm while the other pancakes are frying.
Spiced with cinnamon, curry powder and cumin this potato pancake is also great for Thanksgiving.