Enjoy this Jewish twist on the classic Vietnamese dish, Pho with egg noodles from Manischewitz, the winning recipe from the Manischewitz Cook-Off 2013.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 12 ounce Manischewitz® Egg Noodles
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 32 ounce Manischewitz® Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz ea)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Cook the egg noodles 2 minutes less than directed on package.
2. Strain, run under cold water to stop cooking process, and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch Oven or large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
4. Add curry powder, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add chicken.
6. Flip to coat in curry.
7. Add broth, orange juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
8. Turn heat to low and gently simmer until chicken is almost cooked through, about 15 minutes.
9. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken from soup and roughly chop into bite size pieces.
10. Return chopped chicken to soup.
11. Add cooked egg noodles, turn heat to high and return soup to boil.
12. Lower heat and simmer 2 minutes.
13. Remove from heat and season with lime juice, salt and pepper.
14. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
Contributed by Josie Shapiro from San Francisco, CA. Winning recipe from Manischewitz Cook-Off 2013.