Classic brownies that can never go wrong. Can be made with dairy or pareve chocolate, butter or pareve butter substitute.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 16 BrowniesServings
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8" square baking pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in the top part of a double boiler set over barely simmering water.
3. When the ingredients have melted, blend them thoroughly and remove the pan from the heat.
4. Combine the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat them for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is thick and pale.
5. Add the flour, salt and vanilla extract and stir to blend them in.
6. Add the chocolate mixture and blend it in thoroughly. Fold in the nuts, if used.
7. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool the brownies in the pan. Cut them into 16 squares.