Sweet, savory and warm, these nuts are great for parties, after lunch, or after school. Replace the butter with margarine for a great pareve snack.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine, plus additional for greasing parchment
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups mixed nuts
1. Put oven rack in middle position, and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with lightly buttered parchment paper.
3. Combine 1 tablespoon butter, sugar, corn syrup, spices, and salt in a 1½- to 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
4. Spread nuts in 1 layer on lined baking sheet, separating any clumps.
Bake at 350°F, stirring nuts once halfway through baking (keep nuts in 1 layer), until golden and bubbling, 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Cool on baking sheet on a rack 45 minutes, then break into small clusters with your hands.