You can use this sauce in any vegetable, meat, or fish based stir fry as simple as sautéed bok choy pictured here or any mix of veg you like. The sauce is the boss.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
- In a small sauce pan heat the sesame oil. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry 15-30 second over medium heat. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, Tabasco, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring. In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the wine and then whisk the mixture into the sauce. Heat until sauce thickens and reaches a full boil. Simmer for 30 seconds. Add sesame seeds if desired.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Stir fry your choices of meat or poultry till almost done, add the veggies, cook to heat throughout and then add the sauce.
- Cook just to heat and serve. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.