This granola can be flavored in any way you please. It goes particularly well with vanilla yogurt.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 ServingsServings
- 5 cups oats
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup brown rice or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind (optional)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 to 3 cups mixed nuts (optional)
- ½ cup raisins, craisins, other dry fruit, coconut, or chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Mix all ingredients but the last.
3. Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Mix halfway through.
4. Set aside to cool. Mix in dry fruit, coconut, or chocolate.
5. Store in airtight container or resealable plastic bag. It will keep in the refrigerator indefinitely.
Photo by Flickr - talkoftomatoes