Green papaya is the same fruit as the orange-fleshed papaya, only picked earlier in the growing process. As a result, it is much firmer and less flavorful. It is popular in Thai cuisine as a textural component to salads as it adds a refreshing, crunchy bite.
- Prep Time
- 4 cups green papaya or jicama, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 cups mango, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and serve alongside lumpia.