What goes better with tea than cookies? Delicate and delicious, these cookies are vibrantly colored due to the addition of Japanese matcha tea.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 dozen cookiesServings
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 2½ teaspoons matcha (green tea powder)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Garnish: sugar to sprinkle tops
1. In a mixer, mix butter, matcha, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and pulse until the mixture forms a soft dough.
3. Roll dough into a log, wrap in parchment paper, and chill for 1 hour, or freeze for up to 1 month.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F
5. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Slice cookies about ⅓-inch thick. Place on lined sheets about 1 inch apart.
7. Sprinkle tops with sugar and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
8. Serve with tea!