Grill indoors and make this tasty chicken any time of year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry, and flatted to 1/2-inch thickness 4
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters 1
- 1 cup finely chopped mango 250 mL
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves 30 - 45 mL
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest 2 mL
- Tbsp fresh lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp canola oil 5 mL1
Combine 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, curry powder, sugar, pepper and salt. Brush over chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together salsa ingredients in a small bowl.
Coat a grill pan with canola oil cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add chicken, discarding any marinade.
Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
Transfer to a serving platter.
Squeeze lemon juice over chicken; serve with salsa.
Source: The American Diabetes Association and CanolaInfo