Instead of margarine try coconut oil for something a little more natural on your parve corn on the cob. Remember chili powder has been found to aid in weight loss, so enjoy as much as you can.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 ears corn in husk
1. In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, lime zest and juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper and set aside.
2. Carefully peel back husk from ears, without detaching from the bottom.
3. Remove silk from corn, fold the husk back around ears, and soak in water for 30 to 45 minutes. Make sure to weigh down ears so they are fully submerged.
4. Preheat a grill to medium, indirect heat.
5. Remove ears from water.
6. Open husk, dry ears with paper towel, and spread coconut butter mixture evenly on corn.
7. Fold husk back over corn and grill, turning often, for 35 minutes (change heat to medium-high for the last ten minutes of grilling).
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.